Sunday 8 September 2013

| The £30 Make Up Challenge|
For under £30, using only high street products you can create a great everyday look which is easy wearing with neutral tones.



These are the products I heart:

Foundation
Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation offers medium coverage with a light glow and SPF15. I use one and a half pumps to cover my whole face which is more than I would use in my beloved Chanel, however, it is light and moisturizing so does not look overdone. This foundation is great for combination skin as it does not cling to dry areas. Under bright lights it does have a slight shimmer, but in natural lighting it makes skin look radiant. Retailing at £8.99 this is definitely worth a try (although be warned the colour range is minimal).


Concealer
The Collection Lasting Perfection concealer is a complete bargain and challenges some high end concealer products. A favourite among many beauty bloggers, this product offers strong coverage and is great for use on blemishes as well as the under eye area. A little goes a long way so don't use too much. I would recommend rolling the product onto the back of your hand and applying with your finger as opposed to the dough applicator (for both hygiene and finish). The one and only downside of this product is the cheap packaging as the print rubs off very easily. £3.69 in Superdrug at the moment - you can't go wrong!


Eyeshadow
I have been loving the Cover Girl Eye Enhancer in Shimmering Sands as it is such a versatile palette. It is super cheap and can be picked up for around the £3.20 mark (once converted back from $). I picked up mine on ebay and have been wearing it over the On-and-On Bronze Maybelline colour tattoo. This palette is very shimmery but offers a classic neutral tone.



Mascara
I am completely fickle when it comes to mascara and love trying new ones. I must confess, I am usually guilty of only buying high end mascaras, Chanel, Clarins and Lancôme being a few of my favourites... however, I have recently tried the Maybelline The Rocket mascara and have been pleasantly surprised by the results. The mascara most definitely adds volume without clumping and the brush picks up even the smallest of lashes. The formula dries quite hard, but my lashes remained fairly flexible and there was absolutely no flaking (my biggest irritation when it comes to mascara flaws!). Being critical, I would not say the product feels as nourishing as some of the high end mascara's and it did take a bit of effort to get it off - but in some ways this can only be a good thing. Although I have not tried it myself, the waterproof version of this mascara also gets a good write up.


Blush
I had to include an Elf blush in this challenge as they truly are such a bargain! My personal favourite for a natural blush is Tickled Pink. I love the smoothness of the blushes and the buildable colour. Tickled pink is a perfect for a pretty everyday look.



Lips

Get ready for the autumn weather with one of Nivea's Lip Butters. My favourite is the Vanilla and Macadamia. Containing shea butter and almond oil they leave your lips super smooth and soft. Also perfect for use just before bed.  




What products would you use for under £30? | xx

No comments:

Post a Comment